We are continuously upgrading Cloud Fleet Manager, adding new functionality and enhancements and improving the overall usability. With this article, we would like to give you a brief overview of some of the greater edits to the system. For a comprehensive overview of all changes, you can visit the “What’s New” report in Cloud Fleet Manager at any time to see what exactly happened in each of our modules.
New features and enhancements
CFM Crewing is your one-stop solution to handle all crew-related tasks centrally and in an intuitive way. From master data management of seafarers, planning the crews on board as well as their relief, the management of working and rest hours of the crew up to managing payrolls, everything can be done in one single solution.
- Payment Banks can now be defined as being applicable for either all rank types or solely ranks, officers, or ratings, which allows you to define multiple accounts for one currency but still have a unique bank account per rank type. The assignment rank type of a seafarer compared to your payment bank setup will therefore be considered for the default selection of payment banks in any payment-related payroll positions.
- The 'Pool Report' was extended with columns for current vessels and related assignment dates to reduce the necessary effort to determine this information for external parties.
- An export option for the Compliance Matrix was added that allows you to share your results with external parties.
- A new global setting was implemented. This allows you to automatically synchronise a seafarer’s passport and SBK documents to the respective vessel without ShipClient users requesting them in the first place.
- Documents that are generated, because they are considered mandatory but are missing instead will be removed from now on as long as an assignment is either signed off or the sign-off date is in the past and no other assignment requires the document. Thus, only applicable assignments are taken into account and allow you to plan accordingly to request the missing documents in time.
- CFM Administrators can now configure, whether and which assignment-related documents can be synchronized with CSM. This ensures compliance with GDPR and data traffic is reduced since only relevant documents are transferred. These documents are then listed in the new card ‘Assignment Documents’ in the rearranged ‘General’ tab of the CSM Seafarer profile. This card displays all assignment-related documents synchronization to CSM was enabled by CFM users. Thus, increasing the autonomy of CSM users by allowing them to independently create necessary documents for port authorities.
- Administrators can now configure, whether and which assignment-related documents can be synchronized with CSM, which ensures compliance with GDPR and only transfers relevant documents to reduce data traffic. In future, Shipclient users will be able to download those files from CSM.
- A new layer for ‘Nationality’ was added to the Visa compliance settings. This allows you to define a required Visa for seafarers of a particular nationality and be warned via the Compliance Matrix once a seafarer of this nationality was added.
- The ‘Seafarer Contact Report’, previously known as ‘On Leave Report’, was enhanced with extended information, as well as by implementing a filter option for seafarer status, and their previous, current, or next vessel.
- The “My Missing Wages” list was extended and now contains the assignment vessel to which the wage is linked. This provides you with an improved overview and allows you to set your priorities accordingly.
- A global setting was implemented to prevent users from creating allotments for seafarers whose bank details are not maintained. Thus, ensuring that these allotments are not lost in the bank payment process.
- CSM users are now granted reading access on allotment details for the current month, regardless of the confirmation status to ensure that the bank details for an allotment is comprehensible to the affected seafarer.
- The options for travel expenses of payrolls were extended and now allow an export to an Excel file.
CFM Inspections & Audits lets you easily prepare and manage pending inspections. With extensive planning features and the option to create templates for your questionnaires, CFM Inspections & Audits makes sure that you are always best prepared for upcoming inspections and have a complete overview of all tasks.
The port in which the report was created is now displayed on the dashboard and thus, providing more in-depth information at a glance.
A new permission role was implemented to assign user rights to access the mobile app. By default all users have access.
CFM Offhires & Claims lets you keep accurate records of your vessels’ offhires, charterer claims and related costs. Stay informed about the causes of individual offhires and react swiftly. Automated KPIs and reports make vessel availability clear, demonstrate performance and help you recognise where you need to take action.
- Dedicated sections for users and roles were implemented and allow you to specifically define and assign roles to users with respective permissions. Thus, ensuring that only designated users with granted access can view certain information or perform specific tasks.
- The edit modal of an off-hire was extended and now contains a checkbox that allows you to exclude an off-hire report from MRV.
- When adding an off-hire the type is no longer pre-filled. This ensures that users are forced to make a selection.
CFM Purchase provides you with all sections of the purchasing process at one point in an intelligently structured manner, gives you full control over your budgets and allows your suppliers to work directly with this information. Thanks to an intuitive dashboard that features the most relevant information and upcoming tasks, CFM Purchase always focuses on what is important and streamlines the complete purchasing workflow.
- We added a new order report, called "IHM Orders and Deliveries", allowing users to check for all orders and deliveries of a specific period that contained IHM-relevant items. Thus, enabling you to easily measure risks of a single vessel or vessel groups as well as optimise your order and delivery procedures.