We are continuously upgrading Cloud Fleet Manager, adding new functionality, enhancements and improving the overall usability. With this article, we would like to give you a brief overview of some of the greater edits to the system. For a comprehensive overview of all changes, you can visit the “What’s New” report in Cloud Fleet Manager at any time to see what exactly happened in each of our modules.
New features and enhancements
CFM Crewing is your one-stop solution to handle all crew-related tasks centrally and in an intuitive way. From master data management of seafarers, planning the crews on board as well as their relief, the management of working and rest hours of the crew up to managing payrolls, everything can be done in one single solution.
- Users with granted permissions can now finalize a special allotment immediately after it was saved.
- Once a payroll was finalized on board, shipclient users cannot apply retroactive changes. Therefore, any required changes were communicated to shore side and had to be performed by an office user. A new permission was implemented allowing dedicated office users reopening vessel finalized payrolls and easy let shipclient users perform the required changes with a simple click. Thus, reducing the turnaround time for correction tremendously.
- The payroll-API was extended, now containing information concerning the “Relief Of ID”, and thus allowing users to clearly identify the relation between on- and off-signer.
- The Employment Contract-section was extended, now allowing you to include the vessel's “Classification Society”, preventing a manual addition when exporting a contract, which reduces the necessary manual effort.
- The email template for crew changes was extended and now contains a placeholder for the seafarers’ email address to ensure all relevant contact information is provided.
- We added a new placeholder [CREWMANAGER] to the CREWCHANGE email template returning the name of the company assigned as company role "Crew Manager" for the particular vessel when communicating with e. g. port agents.
- A seafarer’s assignment-related remark will be included and displayed in the sidebar of the ‘Payroll’ tab allowing crew accountant teams gathering all payroll and assignment-relevant information at a glance.
- The filtering behaviour for the seafarer documents sections (Travel, Certificates, Fitness) was changed to display all documents by default.
- The validation for overlapping assignments will run only for seafarers with new or changed assignments. Thus, focussing on potential issues of the recently added or changed assignments. The additional option "Check for Overlapping Assignments" in the views' 3-dot menu on the other hand allows users to perform an overall validation of assignment overlapping for all currently displayed seafarers.
- Vessels are only displayed on the individual lists for Home Allotments, Special Allotments or Monthly Wages on the Payroll Dashboard if an allotment or payroll exists in the first place. The issue colour coding was further improved and now also allows a configuration of individual allotment or payroll due dates and error thresholds. Thus, users can see the status of all vessel payrolls and allotments based on their company's cut off dates at a glance and further can use a 1-click filter focussing on issues (due or overdue payrolls and allotments).
- We added a new endpoint to our Crewing API allowing the finalisation or reopening of payrolls, as well as the applicable logging. Thus, allowing users to integrate a third-party vendor handling the payroll processing.
- A new permission to configure whether seafarers’ main addresses can be viewed in CSM was implemented.
- The dashboard was enhanced by a global filter field for lists, which allows you to filter for specific lists, and thus requiring less horizontal scrolling.
CFM Disturbance Report lets your crew easily create detailed, standardised service requests that can be directly assigned to the person responsible and which will then appear automatically within their dashboard. You can follow-up all service requests in a Kanban view, which gives you a full transparency an all pending requests and their individual status.
- Users now can link an existing requisition with a disturbance report.
CFM Inspections & Audits lets you easily prepare and manage pending inspections. With extensive planning features and the option to create templates for your questionnaires, CFM Inspections & Audits makes sure that you are always best prepared for upcoming inspections and have a complete overview of all tasks.
- We added a new inspection report with general improvements.
CFM Maintenance allows you to plan your maintenance work centrally, precisely and according to your requirements. It gives you full visibility of your fleet status and lets you regain control over the maintenance jobs of your fleet.
- We overhauled the process of copying equipment: When creating a copy of an equipment, all job definitions of the equipment are now also duplicated. To ensure that any necessary adjustments to the linked job definition are carried out properly, changes can only be made to the original, while these changes are applied to all copies. This significantly reduces manual labour while lowering the risk of errors.
CFM Portal gives all your employees access to one central source of information. Every onshore user has a clear dashboard view of the latest and most important information on staff, departments and ships right at the beginning of the workday. Whether it’s a crew change, expired certificate or staff absence, you can efficiently identify critical incidents and prioritise your response.
We have modified certain labels for consistency reasons, as well as to emphasize their specific purpose.
The tooltip for event reports now also shows the related departure and arrival ports, if applicable. Thus, reducing the necessary steps to determine this kind of information and eventually improving the user experience.
CFM Vessel Certificates lets you set up the foundation of your successful vessel management. Record and maintain a vast amount of specific data for every vessel and let your departments benefit from data such as dimensions, capacities, propulsion, consumptions, or delivery information for a smooth acceleration of their individual businesses.
- The “Is electronic” checkbox is now also available when editing a batch of certificates. Thus, allowing you to manage multiple certificates in one step and eventually reducing the processing time tremendously.